• Introducing new Sorting Options for your Watchlist, Upcoming list and your Personal Recommendations! The sorting feature requires iOS 14.
• Introducing a completely new and redesigned Person Summary : basic information, social links and movie credits are now one tap away!
• Updated Settings style with more icons and more features. If you’re on iOS 14, you now have the possibility to manage your cache and enable pagination on your lists!
NEW PREMIUM FEATURES
• Advanced sorting options, includes more options to sort your Watchlist, Upcoming list and your Personal Recommendations as you want! Drop me your ideas on Twitter or Reddit if you find some you want are missing.
• Introducing My Recommendations: a new way to tell others they should watch one movie or another. This list matches the content from your Recommendations on Trakt.
• Starting with this version and given you’re using iOS 14, you’ll see a brand new Showcase screen after each update, highlighting new features.
• On iPad, the sidebar now shows you how many items are in your list and on iPhone (or iPad running iPadOS 13) the Lists view shows you how many items are in your Watchlist, Upcoming list and My Recommendations list.
• The pagination has been improved for all available Browsing categories and a new refresh control was added to refresh anytime you want the Browsing view.
• Most of SF Symbols previously filled are now matching the rest of the application’s symbols.
• The image loading and caching has been improved to avoid showing empty image on view transitions.
• Popcorn Movies now takes full support for iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
• After Checking in some movie or scrobbling one (from a Media center), your profile now displays correctly the Now Watching item.
• Popcorn Movies now handles the newly added Trakt errors : VIP User and Rate limiting.
• Never start from your Watchlist ever again with the new State restoration! The app now remembers the last tab your were in or the last Sidebar item you selected and launches from the very same after it’s been killed by the system. Also, if you’re transitioning between a compact display size to a regular display size on your iPad, the app automatically switches to the correct view between the TabBar and the Sidebar.
• Introducing the new Sidebar for iPadOS 14 users and multiple windows support for all iPadOS users!
• Introducing a new “Upcoming” view containing the upcoming movies from your Watchlist.
• New CoreSpotlight integration: you can now access your content even without having to launch the app first!
• New Quick Search feature: double tap the Browse tab to display the Search view and enter your query right away!
• New Search Fields: you can now add specific fields to your search to limit the results to those fields.
• Added the new Trakt Recommendations in the Browsing view.
• Introducing “Now Watching”: quickly check any current checkin or scrobble right from your profile!
NEW PREMIUM FEATURES
• Introducing a richer History: you can now get a better overview of your History for a whole year or a single movie, day by day.
• Introducing Drag and Drop for all iPad OS users: move one or multiple items at once into your lists!
A huge work was made regarding the stability and the overall user experience of Popcorn Movies. The app now delivers smooth animations in your lists, loads images better and faster than ever, refreshes your data instantly and gives you a whole new level of experience!
• Sharing with AirDrop and iMessage have been slightly improved.
• Hide a Recommendation issues have been fixed.
• Lists refreshes were improved while performing actions such as adding/removing items to or from your lists.
• Genre and original title can now be used to search your lists.
• The Box Office presentation has been tweaked a bit.
• iOS/iPad OS 14 users are now able to clear the whole “Recent”
It’s been around 7 months since the latest update and let me tell you : I’ve been hard at work! This new version is packed with lots of new features, improvements, system integrations and so much more!
• iPad support
The app is now ready to run on bigger screens… and it looks amazing!
• Redesigned Movie Summary
The view has been redesigned from the ground up and now features even more info about your movies including the new sections trailers, about, ratings and information sections.
• Movie rating
You can now rate your favorite movies with PopcornMovies.
• New share sheet style actions
The main actions you can perform have been improved and you can now choose to organize them as.you.like!
• SF Symbols and Accent color
The app features a brand new accent color and all previously used icons have been replaced with SF Symbols.
• Dynamic Type
Thanks to Dynamic Type, all the app will now follow your preferred text size and adapt accordingly to be more accessible than before.
• Movie sharing
You can now share this movie you like so much to anyone and if they have the app already installed, it’ll open its summary right away!
• List Searching
You can now search specific items in your Watchlist, History and Collection by title or genre.
• New Watchlist banner style
All movies matching the current year will now display a bit more information wether they’re released or not. If they are not released yet, you will now have a better idea how long you need to wait.
• User Profile
Your profile has been redesigned too, and it displays your information way more elegantly.. go check it out!
• Sharing Preferences
From your very own profile, you will now be able to update your sharing preferences anytime to enable, for example, sharing to Twitter while performing a checkin.
• The account icon has moved from the Settings to the top of your lists. It also features a context menu to let you sign out quickly.
• The Search screen has been redesigned a bit too, mainly to make it adaptive to bigger screens and to improve its performances.
• Context menus are now available everywhere in the app and feature some contextual actions depending on the list they belong!
• All actions requiring date informations now benefit a brand new view to quickly select the date and time.
• Your History will now be displayed and sorted by “last watched” date.
• The previous Quicksand font has been replaced in favor of SF Rounded to support more dynamic sizes and take full advantage of dynamic type.